With the announcement of the camera Eos 650D, Canon has done, if not a revolution, a big step forward for the initial segment of the SLR cameras with indices xxxD. If the previous generation to face 600D has not brought virtually no improvement over its predecessor, the new camera appeared very interesting features are worth paying attention, have been preserved at the same time the compactness and lightness found in all other cameras in this series.
The first conspicuous presence of the touch screen, this is the first Canon digital SLR camera with this feature.But more important than the emergence of a new mode AF – Movie Servo AF, which allows for smooth and quiet focusing while shooting video using the new lenses STM (Stepping Motor / stepper motor). Also, the camera used new processor Digic 5, which expanded the range of available iso and new for this segment, though it has long been familiar to us on camera xxD, a 9-point AF system with all cross-type sensors, and an increased sensitivity of the central point.
The main technical features of the model Canon 650D:
- 18 megapixel CMOS sensor size APS-C (1.6 crop), image resolution 5184 x 3456;
- Integrated Cleaning System with dust.
- Fully compatible with lenses EF / EF-S and flashes Speedlite (possibly wireless control of external flash);
- The DIGIC 5;
- System of AF 9-point cross all the sensors in the center of a double cross sensor;
- Permanent tracking focus when shooting video, the function of silent focusing with lenses STM;
- Sensitivity ISO 100-12800 (expandable to 25600);
- Continuous shooting 5 frames / sec. (Series 22 JPEG or 6 RAW);
- Record Full HD movies at 30 frames / sec., With full manual control, for up to 30 minutes;
- Swivel Touch Screen Clear View with a diagonal 3.0 “(7.7 cm), 3:2, with a resolution of 1,040,000 pixels;
- 63-zone metering system iFCL with dual sensor;
- Exposure Compensation + / – 5 degrees;
- Ability to select the maximum value in the mode Auto ISO;
- Built-in stereo microphone;
- The battery – 440 snapshots;
- New modes of intrachamber imaging: Night Scene with hands, HDR, Multikadrovaya noise reduction;
- Memory Card SD / SDHC / SDXC.
AF sensor Canon 650D
The cardinal has undergone improvements in the video camera system, except for silent mode, and so the focus there was the expected function of the tracking focus when shooting video. The “iron” component of photography has moved to a higher level of semi-professional camera line xxD. In general, the release of a new camera makes it pointless buying Canon 60D, so soon expect a new announcement in this segment.
Dramatically increased the distance between the camera and this model 1100D. If before the camera xxxD series can be recommended only because of the higher quality video recording and photographic part differed little, but now the difference is more than noticeable. With the new AF system, and more recent processor, which allows you to raise the level of iso, Canon 650D has become much more attractive in terms of ease of shooting and the quality of the images. It is safe to say that now this camera is suitable not only for beginners or enthusiasts, but also for professional photographers as an easy and does not take much space a backup camera.
We should also mention multikadrovye shooting modes with intrachamber treatment. They allow you to get unusual images without time-consuming and laborious post-processing computer, and when shooting in the dark without the use of special equipment. Of course you should not assume that the camera will make a similar adjustment is better than a man, but for the inexperienced user, these modes can be quite useful.
Along with the new camera will be released kit lens Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM. It differs from the current version of the stepper motor, which reduces the noise when focusing, which is important for capturing video and reduced the minimum focal length (0.39 meters at any zoom position) for a more close-ups. It is also expected to appear STM another lens – a thin and lightweight EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, which is suitable for full frame cameras? and it will be offered at a very affordable price.
The camera will be available in late June for a suggested price of $ 849.99 and $ 949.99 for the kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II. Movie Kit lens with a new EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM will cost $ 1199. Lens alone will cost $ 199.99 and $ 549.99 for the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM and EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, respectively.
Image Gallery Canon EOS 650D: